AAT Accounts Trainee
back to job listings page
AAT Accounts Trainee
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Pay rate: £0 - £
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits
The working week: 37.5 hours per week, 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Are you a recent school or college leaver with excellent A Level results? Would you like to work in an industry with excellent training to develop your career and gain professional accountancy qualifications?
If so, we have a great opportunity for an AAT Accounts Trainee based for our client in their Newbury practice.
Working as part of a small team with the guidance and support of a larger organisation network, this accounting practice offers a great place to work with training and career progression opportunities as well as the chance to make a difference to small business owners providing advice and support.
As a Trainee you will learn to prepare sole trader, partnership and small limited company accounts, alongside draft tax computations for income and corporation tax. In addition, your development will involve managing a portfolio of VAT and bookkeeping clients. Alongside this you will be supported to gain your AAT qualifications.
The role includes:
- Preparation of accounts from client’s prime records to a draft stage using accounting software (Digita Accounts Production)
- Drafting business tax computations and preparing draft CT600s
- Bookkeeping for clients using spreadsheets or cloud accounting software such as Sage, Xero and QuickBooks
- Preparation of management accounts
- Preparation of submission of VAT returns
- Answering client phone calls / emails and helping with queries
- Time management and prioritising urgent work
- Complete timesheets on a weekly basis
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with clients and other members of staff
- Reception cover when required.
- C grade or above in a relevant A Level subject.
- Good IT knowledge specifically including the use of Microsoft packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Time management and the ability to prioritise urgent work
- Business Motor Insurance (for occasional travel to client sites if you drive)
- Fully supported working environment to gain AAT qualifications
- 22 days holiday
- Wellbeing programmes
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contribution towards social events
- Plus, much more!
This is an immediate requirement, so if you are interested in the position – or even finding out more information
– please do not hesitate to APPLY today!