back to job listings page
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Pay rate: £0 - £
Location: Newbury or Swindon
Permanent, Full time
Package: Generous package with a great suite of benefits
As the Audit Senior for this Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based in the Thames Valley you will undertake statutory audit work for a range of limited companies, taking responsibility for the file prior to review by the Director.
This role would suit an already experienced Audit Senior looking for a new challenge.
This practice is brimming with ambitious people united in their mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering a seamlessly integrated client service.
They boast an excellent employee retention rate and has grown exponentially over recent years organically and through acquisition. Occupying multiple sites in and around the Thames Valley this practice offer a very hands on and interactive service supported by experts in their team for very specific tax issues.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for limited companies
- Audit of accounts in accordance with ISAs, including attendance at client premises
- Liaise with clients to ensure accounts comply with accounting standards
- Draft corporation tax computations, including analysis of items for tax
- Support the development of trainees in a clear and concise manner, identify and solve knowledge gaps
- Work directly for Client Managers and Directors, supporting the delivery of technical knowledge
- Keep up to date with legislative changes.
- Essential: Qualified Accountant with audit and accounts experience
- Essential: Previous experience working in a practice environment
- Essential: UK company audit experience.
- Desirable: Background working in a corporate environment
- Essential: Accounting software and Microsoft Office
- Desirable: SAGE, Xero, Quickbooks, Kashflow
- Desirable: CCH audit automation software or an equivalent package.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and enthusiastic to improve services and share knowledge
- Use initiative and problem solve
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Confidence to build rapport and manage a professional relationship with clients
- Highly organised, proven ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to build rapport and work well as part of a team.
The working week: Normal hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, to be worked from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Location: Principal work base is a choice of our Newbury or Swindon Office.
There is a generous salary and benefits package that comes with this role as well as the ability to work within a hybrid model of working both in the office and from home.
This is an immediate requirement, so if you are interested in the position – or even finding out more information
– please do not hesitate to APPLY today!