back to job listings page
Sector: HR & Recruitment
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Pay rate: £27,514 - £33486
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Salary: £27,514 - £33,486 DOE
Hours: 35 per week (Monday-Friday 09:00 - 17:00)
Permanent, Full Time, Office Based
As a transformational HR Advisor you will be working as part of a small HR team reporting to the Head of HR responsible for providing HR advice to employees and managers across this education setting, who are the largest of their kind in the UK, and its associated business units.
The role is one of a true HR generalist and is one with a real opportunity to influence which supports a full spectrum of generalist HR topics from recruitment to employee relations.
You need to be competent in HR practice and ideally you’ll be qualified to CIPD level 5 and if you have experience of working in an education setting that would be of benefit.
Responsibilities of the role are split into two distinct areas of competence:
1). Full generalist HR competencies supporting a group of designated business areas.
2) Specific HR responsibilities as a centre of competence for the whole of business and the HR team relating to the employee lifecycle in the following areas: employee attraction, recruitment and onboarding.
You’ll be part of a small but supportive team, and everyone needs to chip in when needed so you will also support the other team members as required during absence and assist with generalist queries.
What the job entails:
No two days are the same and you will have exposure to the full breadth of HR topics, including but not limited to:
- Provide professional HR advice and guidance to managers in all areas of HR policy and practice
- Support and coach managers in the application of HR Policy and Procedure
- Provide guidance to staff on HR related queries
- Support the development and improvement of the performance management process and ensure this is embedded within the organisation.
- Work with line managers on performance improvement, supporting managers and staff at formal meetings as required
- Monitor and apply the absence management process working with line managers and occupational health managers to secure successful outcomes
- To manage the Exit Interview process and provide bi-termly feedback through effective analysis to the Head of HR
- Undertake specific HR projects that support the achievement of the operational HR strategic goals and the objectives of the organisation
- Working with the Payroll & HR Admin Advisor to provide advice to managers and employees relating to occupational/statutory sickness, maternity/paternity/parental leave and annual leave entitlements
- Lead on all recruitment activity from advertising through to organising on-boarding
- Maintain the HRIS
- Lead all safeguarding related HR processes including maintaining the Single Central Register
- Qualified to CIPD level 5
- Proven HR generalist competence in an operational HR environment including attraction, recruitment, onboarding, employee relations and employee development
- Good understanding of ACAS principles and familiar with current Employment Law matters
- Competent Microsoft Office User, plus a HR system competence e.g. people HR, sage HR etc.
- An awareness of Safeguarding requirements and good practice within an education setting.
- Excellent communication skills to enable effective dialogue with colleagues, staff, visitors and where applicable, students
- Organised and self-motivated, with a proven record for meeting targets and deadlines
- Able to perform well and remain professional whilst under pressure
- Dedicated team-player, who strives for excellence and leads by example
- Tactful and discreet, whilst mindful of observing Safeguarding and professional standards
- Proactive in the use of policy and procedure
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work alone without direction
As well as an inclusive and supportive work environment, and a stunning location benefits also include:
- Salary £27,514 (NJC22) - £33,486 (NJC29) for 35 hours per week
- 22 days holiday (rising to 25 days), plus public holidays, plus 6 days paid discretionary leave at Christmas
- Generous defined contribution pensions scheme
- Subsidised canteen
- Free on site parking
- Free use of school swimming facilities
- Discounted tickets for onsite performances
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for employee's and household members
- Employee Referral Program
This is an immediate requirement, so if you are interested in the position – or even finding out more information
– please do not hesitate to APPLY today!