IT Systems Engineer (Citrix)
back to job listings page
IT Systems Engineer (Citrix)
Sector: IT & Telecomms
Location: West Midlands
Type: Contract or Temp
Pay rate: £48 - £48
Location: UK, Remote
Pay rate: £47.50 per hour (Inside IR35)
Contract: Until End of Feb 2023
As the IT Systems Engineer for Citrix you will be a specialist in the latest Citrix products and used to working in an Enterprise and dynamic environment.
You will have implemented and managed Citrix Infrastructures on-premises and understand migration processes to public cloud.
With a very strong analytical, technical and problem solving mindset you will have the opportunity to work with Citrix and their products in house.
This is a project based role supporting the implementation the internal roll out of new Citrix product ranges to their global employees across complex environments, at scale, in multiple time zones.
As a Systems Engineer you will be part of the Workspace Platform Services team and responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Citrix-on-Citrix infrastructure.
You will work with a global team of Citrix specialists and key stakeholders to deliver a world class employee experience.
We are looking for people who have ideally got experience in working with users, troubleshooting complex technical issues, implement, and manage Citrix infrastructures in an agile manner. Ideally at support level 3/4.
- You will be involved with planning and prioritization of design and implementation activities to achieve key business outcomes.
- You will be expected to demonstrate the ability to be flexible, be a change enabler and work with multiple teams in solving complex technical problems.
- Design, build and maintain Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop resources on-premises with Citrix Cloud.
- Design, test, implement and manage Citrix components on public cloud.
- Migrate on premise Citrix farms to cloud and maintain high level of availability.
- Maintain and update Citrix VDI’s and Citrix Virtual Apps periodically.
- Deliver all technical project tasks in a timely manner.
- Drive improvements along with the team to existing Citrix infrastructure on a regular basis.
- Update and manage existing Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS) infrastructure.
- Create and maintain Citrix App Layers and update them regularly.
- Windows patch management in VDI and Citrix Virtual Application environment.
- Troubleshoot all L1-L4 issues on Citrix environment and maintain records in Service Now.
- Work alongside a global team of Citrix SME’s with a team first attitude.
- Adhere to standard SLA’s and meet KPI’s consistently.
- Good knowledge on ITIL processes, Incident, Problem and Change management.
- Maintain up to date documentation on supported Citrix infrastructures.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science and 3-5 years of relevant hands on experience with Citrix products like Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Citrix Cloud, PVS, XenServer, Profile Management, App Layering, WEM. OR
- You will have at least 5-8 years of hands-on experience with Citrix products like Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Citrix Cloud, PVS, XenServer, Profile Management, App Layering, WEM.
- Proficiency in Citrix products like Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop, PVS, XenServer, Profile Management, App Layering, Citrix Cloud.
- Experience with managing workloads on public cloud.
- Strong knowledge on Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy and AGPM.
- Scripting knowledge preferred.
- Operating Systems: Server 2016/2019 & Windows 10
- Application support
- Working to tight SLAs
- Image management
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills and must be data driven.
- Have a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellent communication skills
This is an immediate requirement, so if you are interested in the position – or even finding out more information
– please do not hesitate to APPLY today!